“Personal Information” or “Personal Data”: Information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your device. However, Personal Data and Personal Information do not include any deidentified or aggregated information. Personal Information includes your name, email address, or billing information, or other data that can be reasonably linked to such information by Ready Capital, such as information we associate with your Ready Capital account.
“Platform”: Our Website and related functionality and online services, as applicable.
“Services”: Any services provided through our Platform, which maybe for purchase at a charge, or included at no charge as part of our Platform, or that we otherwise provide or sell to you.
“Website[s]”: Our website located at https://www.readycapital.com/.
“Ready Capital,” “we,” “us,” "our": Ready Capital Corporation.
Please refer to our Glossary for additional explanations of terms and phrases used in this Policy.
2. Personal Information
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect and use Personal Information in order to operate and provide our Platform to you. This Personal Information may come through various sources: you may provide Personal Information directly to us; we may collect Personal Information from you automatically as you use and navigate through our Platform; and we may collect certain Personal Information from third parties.
Information you provide to us.
We collect and use Personal You may provide Personal Information to us through our Platform. For example, you may be able to register to use our Platform or create an account with us, which allows or requires you to provide certain information to us (e.g., contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc.). You may also be able to make payments to us, through our Platform. In these situations, we collect your payment card information or bank or other financial account information, and we only receive a tokenized version of your credit or debit card number. You provide Personal Information and other information to when you contact us through our Platform. You may also be able to add, post or upload content or other materials to our Platform, such as applications, loan documents, etc.
Information we collect automatically as you use our Platform.
As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Information about your interaction with our Platform, including information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This includes:
- Information about the computers, devices, browsers and your Internet activity as you use and interact with our Platform. The information we collect includes Unique Identifier, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number. We also collect information about the interaction of your browsers, and devices with our services, including IP address, device type, crash reports, system activity, wireless carrier name (when you use a wireless or mobile device), and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
- Information about your activity on our Platform, Internet, network, and other online activity information, such as browsing history, search history, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Platform, error information, information regarding your interaction with our Platform, such as the resources that you access, use, or otherwise interact with on our Platform.
We collect IP-based location information when you use our Platform, which helps us provide our Platform Services, features and functionality. This information can be used to locate you only within town, city, and state, but cannot be used to precisely locate you. We may collect other geolocation information that may more precisely locates you only with your consent. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Platform and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Ready Capital, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
In some circumstances, Ready Capital also collects Personal Information about you from publicly accessible sources. We may collect Personal Information about you from trusted partners, such as marketing partners who provide us with information about our potential customers, and security partners who provide us with information to protect against fraud and abuse of our Platform.
Why and how do we use your Personal Information?
Provide our Platform and Related Services
We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, supervise, administer, improve and enhance our Platform and related Services, features and functionality. We use your contact information to communicate and interact with you, such as to send you emails and text messages about our Platform. We use the IP address assigned to your device to send you the data you request to display on your device. We use unique identifiers stored in cookies on your device to help us authenticate you as the person who should have access to certain areas and features of our Platform. We also use your information to ensure our Platform is working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information for research and development for our business, and to make improvements to our Platform.
We use data collected from you and your devices for analytics and measurement to understand how our Platform is used. For example, we analyze data about your use of our Platform to do things like optimize product design. We use a variety of tools to do this, such as Google Analytics and similar third party online data analytics services.
When you purchase Services from us, you may provide us information like your bank account or other payment information and address. We use this information for processing your requests.
Security and Legal Purposes
We may also use Personal Information to:
- Carry out our legal and contractual obligations, and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, and subpoenas and to carry out our legal and contractual obligations.
- Authenticate use, detect fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of our Platform and the safety of others.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To provide you information about services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters.
- Any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Your Choices For How We Collect, Use and Share your Personal Information.
Personalized and interest-based advertising
We may use this process to help us manage and improve the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. It also allows to display ads to our users about Ready Capital after they leave our Platform, and to track users after they see or click on an advertisement, keep track of users who access our Platform or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data collected through these tracking technologies is also saved and processed by our advertising and marketing service provider partners.
Why and how do we share your Personal Information?
We share Personal Information with third parties under certain circumstances and for certain purposes described throughout this Policy, including:
- Service providers and other to operate our Platform and Services. We share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including providers and vendors we use for operating and maintaining our Platform, and its features, functionality and Services. These third parties include data hosting and data storage partners, analytics, ad network, advertising (including interest-based advertising), technology services and support, and data security.
- Our business purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, financial institutions, and business partners, including providers and vendors we use for our business activities and operations generally, such as data hosting and data storage partners, analytics, ad network, advertising, technology services and support, and data security. We may also share your Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
- With your consent. We may share your Personal Information if you request or direct us to do so.
- Compliance with law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- Business transfers. We may share your Personal Information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users are among the assets transferred.
- For the purpose for which you provide it. We may share your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provide it. For example, we may use your contact information you provide when asking for information in paper form to send you such information, including to disclose it to postal or other delivery services.
- Aggregated and De-identified information. We may also disclose aggregated or de-identified information, so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify any individual, without restriction, including with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Your choices for how we collect, use and share your Personal Information.
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our certain uses and sharing of your Personal Information. As a general rule, you cannot opt out of our collection, use and sharing of Personal Information to the extent it is necessary to provide the Platform or related Services, features and functionality to you.
You can change the cookie settings that will be placed when you use our Platform by changing the settings on your Internet browser. You can also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), you may not be able to access or use all or areas and aspects of our Platform.
You can generally opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt out rights and options on the NAI website and DAA website.
If you do not wish to have your email address used by Ready Capital to send you advertising messages and content, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive from us. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Platform.
How do I access and correct my Personal Information?
Access, Corrections and Deletion
In addition to any data access capabilities available through the Platform, please Contact Us if you have any questions about your Personal Information. You can also call 888-354-0822 or email [email protected].
Please inform us of any changes or errors in any Personal Information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. You may also have certain deletion rights in accordance with applicable law. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Copies and Retention of Data
In addition to any capabilities available through the Platform, if you need to export or a copy of your data, please let us know and we will assist you with your request. We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is, how we use it and applicable legal requirements. We may retain some data for longer periods of time than other data when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.
3. Children's Privacy
Our Platform is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use or provide any information on or to the Platform or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 18 years of age whom you believe might have provided use with their Personal Information, you may Contact Us to request the Personal Information be deleted.
4. Data Security
We have taken steps and implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, intentional, unlawful, or unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, disclosure, or use. The Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet. Where you have been given or you have chosen a password, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential.
The sharing and disclosing of information via the internet is not completely secure. We strive to use best practices and industry standard security measures and tools to protect your data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to, on, or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Platform, in your operating system, or mobile device.
5. Supplemental Disclosures and Rights Based on State Law
Your California Privacy Rights
6. International Users
Our Platform is not intended for use by and is not directed to residents of the European Union. All data is stored and processed in the United States. By using and accessing our site, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
7. Do Not Track Signals
9. Contact Us
Ready Capital Corporation
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Email: [email protected]
Browser Web Storage enables websites to store data in a browser on a device. When used in "local storage" mode, it enables data to be stored across sessions. This makes data retrievable even after a browser has been closed and reopened. One technology that facilitates web storage is HTML 5.
A Cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
A Pixel or Pixel Tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking certain activity, such as views of a website or when an email is opened. Pixel tags are often used in combination with cookies.
An Application Data Cache is a data repository on a device. It can, for example, enable a web application to run without an internet connection and improve the performance of the application by enabling faster loading of content.
Interest-based Advertising is sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads. Interest-based ads are used to display features, and services that might be of interest to the user.
Server Logs. Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These “server logs” typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Session Replay provides the ability to replay a visitor's journey on a web site or within a mobile application or web application. Replay can include the user's view (browser or screen output), user input (keyboard and mouse inputs), and logs of network events or console logs. Session replay is used to help improve customer experience, analyze usability and help identify obstacles in conversion processes on websites. It can also be used to study a website's usability, customer behavior, interests, and the handling of customer service questions as the customer journey, with all interactions, can be replayed. It can also be used to analyze fraudulent behavior on websites.
A Unique Identifier is a string of letters, numbers and characters that can be used to uniquely identify a computer, device, personal device, browser or app.
Different identifiers vary in how permanent they are, whether they can be reset by users, and how they can be accessed. Unique Identifiers can be used for various purposes, including security and fraud detection, syncing data from your device(s) to our Platform, remembering your preferences, and providing personalized advertising. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. See your browser documentation for additional information.
On other platforms besides browsers (e.g., personal devices), Unique Identifiers are used to recognize a specific device or app on that device. For example, a Unique Identifier can be used to provide relevant advertising on mobile devices, and can be managed in your device’s settings. Unique identifiers may also be incorporated into a device by its manufacturer (sometimes called a universally unique ID or UUID), such as the IMEI-number of a mobile phone. For example, a device’s unique identifier can be used to customize our Platform and Services to your device or analyze device issues related to our Platform and Services.