ESG at Ready Capital
Positive Corporate Impact
At Ready Capital, we consider the impact our activities have on local communities in which we operate and on the global community. As a result, we embrace the challenge of contributing to a better world through the lens of environmental, social and governance factors.
- We obtain and review environmental assessments and other property metrics in conjunction with underwriting of commercial real estate secured loans.
- Ready Capital has provided capital to a manufacturer of solar panels through investment in Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) financing.
- By implementing digital document management processes to replace paper, Ready Capital has reduced our carbon emissions and landfill waste while also minimizing our consumption of forest and water resources.
- Facilitated $4.6 billion of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit financing for 63,000 apartment units in affordable and mixed income rental properties.
- Originated more than 1,000 agency small balance multifamily loans totaling $2.4 billion since 2015.
- Provided $1.0 billion of financing to assist more than 1,000 small businesses including those owned by veterans (6%), and minorities or women (45%) under the SBA 7(a) guaranteed loan program.
- Supported military veterans and families as a sponsor of Military Makeover television show airing on Lifetime and Armed Forces Network. In addition, Ready Capital offers preferred pricing to veteran business owners.
- Provided over $5.0 billion of PPP loans, the majority of which were under $25,000, to small businesses disproportionately comprised of minority/women-owned small businesses.
- Minorities and women comprise one-third of the Ready Capital Board of Directors.
- Executive compensation, established by the Board of Directors, includes long-term performance objectives as gauged by specific metrics.
Ready Capital’s external manager, Waterfall Asset Management LLC, became a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) in 2022.
The PRI provides a framework, through its six principles, for consideration of environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) factors in investment decision-making.